How I became an Interior Designer ?

THE BEGINNING -
This long story starts back in 2012. I was about to finish my 12th class grade with humanities stream and I had to make a choice about what I was going to do after my school gets over. Let me tell you, I was not good in studies but I always had a creative mind and while all this was going through, my family was getting our home interiors done from an interior designer and I always admired the way she came, got us drawings, understand what each and every person wants and their vision. 
And then parents came in and started asking what I really want to do after my school, and as 50% of kids would be, I was clueless, everyday I came up with new thought to present in front of my parents, and one fine day my interior designer suggested me to be an interior designer because she felt that i have that eye of designing. And then she helped me choose the course and i eventually did 2 year diploma course in Interior Designing. 

INTERNSHIP/ JOB - 
And then came the time when the course was over and i had to look for an internship, but i was scared because I thought college and working with professionals would be difficult and then i got the opportunity to work with an architect in Delhi, who was so helpful and made me learn so many things as being practically in the field was way more different to what we were doing in the college, but he was patient enough to make me teach little things in drawing detailings, site visit teachings and that how he saw the spark in me of learning, and offered me a job. I worked my heart out for the firm and made sure to learn from everyone i met in the process of working and after working for 5 years in the firm. I decided to do something of my own as i thought i am ready to take this on another level now. 

FREELANCER- 
And then came a time where i was ready to have my own projects and through mouth of word and help of my family (who is into real estate from 3 decades) helped me get some projects, initially i decided to charge less and let people see my work, the process is tiring and challenging but i always took all the opportunities with open heart and mind, i was not considered if the project is big or small, i just took it and that was the best decision because it made me learn more things about the field. Honestly it is not as rosy as it sounds, surely met some client who were understanding and some got all the work done and never paid me for the work. Well, that was a learning too. From that point i made sure that i make better deals and clear deals from my side so i don't suffer, as it must be JUST A DRAWING for a client, but for us it was a bloody hard work. 

To be continued….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THINK LONG TERM - “ENDURING STYLE”